Online shopping is an ongoing trend and has become a habit of many. Online shopping is so convenient and can inadvertently lead to a lot of unnecessary spending. I will share some online shopping tips so that you will have a better online shopping experience. I believe you can save a lot of money in the long run if you use the following shopping tips.
1. Before you shop online, I would like to highlight the importance of safeguarding your personal data in your system. Anti- virus software like AVG is very important to keep your computer safe. If you are using mobile phone, you can download a phone version of anti- virus software. It is highly recommended to use Internet protection software. I have been using AVG for 8 years and I find it very reliable. It is my first choice. AVG Internet Security provides an enhanced firewall to block hackers for safer online shopping experience. Now, you can get 30% off if you purchase AVG Internet Security
2. Sign up for a Paypal account and you type in the credit cards and bank accounts you wish to use for purchases one time on the PayPal secure system. You do not have to key in your credit card details over and over again on different online retailers when you shop online. You just need to key in your Paypal e-mail address at the online store checkout. This helps in safeguarding your confidential credit card details. Paypal is widely accepted on the Internet and it will soon be accepted in many physical stores as well.
3. Make the habit of only shopping at reputable online retailers such as Amazon. They provide more reliable service in safeguarding your payment details in their system and deliver goods to you on time.
4. Check out for coupons and rebates. Online retailers will give out coupon codes from time to time to attract shoppers. Remember to get a discount coupon codes before you shop. Ebates is a free membership cash back rebates site that provides up to 40% cash back on almost everything you buy, 20, 000 stores with cash back, 10,000+ coupons to stack your savings. This can save you quite a lot of money in the long run and if you are a big spender online. These rebates websites are mostly affiliates of the retailers and they pay out part of their commission earnings to their website users to create a win- win situation. I have earned $10.96 of rebates from Ebates and $49.83 from Mr. Rebates to date. They are combination of cash back rebates and members referral earnings.
5. Some online stores provide free gift on your first time purchase.
6. Some luxury goods online retailers such as Forzieri.com organize time limited flash sale from time to time.
7. You can also get discount if you sign up for newsletters of online stores. The good thing about signing up for their newsletters is that you get informed about special promotions and new items from time to time.
8. Labour Day, Cyber Monday, Black Friday and Christmas seasons are times of the year when you can get deep discounts on your online purchase.
By signing up for Amazon Prime, you can save a lot on your shipping fee. With FREE Two-Day Shipping from Amazon Prime, your shopping problems are solved. You get unlimited deliveries with no minimum order size, and with 20 million eligible items, the options are practically limitless. Prime members also get FREE Same-Day Delivery on over a million items when shipping to selected metro areas across the US. Start your 30 –Day Amazon Prime free trial. After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just $10.99/month OR $99 per year. You can save $32.88 if you sign up for the yearly Amazon Prime plan.
10. Purchase from online retailers like ASOS and Bookdepository that offer free shipping worldwide.
11. Take up the free trial of subscription program to find out if it is suitable for you. Some programs provide 30 days free trial for you to try out their services.
12. Purchase from online retailers that offer money back guarantee. My website is hosted by Dreamhost and they provide 97 days money back guarantee. Dreamhost is so confident you’ll love their web hosting service that if you cancel within the first 97 days, they will return all your money, minus any domain registration fees. Basically you have nothing to lose in using their service. You can get $50 off the one year shared hosting service of Dreamhost if you use this link https://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?2157867/promo/dreamsavings50 . I am in fact sharing my commission with you as I will be earning $47 instead of $97 commission per sale.
13. You can use price comparison site like Priceline to compare the prices of items you want to buy among various retailers. The same item might have different price at different website.
14. Students should take note of special discounts that are catered for them. Unidays is a website that provides a list of discounts and deals just for students.