Fiverr® is the world’s largest marketplace for services. A service offered on Fiverr is called a Gig®. While $5 is a popular starting price for offers on Fiverr, tiered offers called Gig Packages are now available in a variety of categories and growing. Gig Packages allow sellers to offer additional services at a wider range of price points.
Fiverr was featured on Forbes, CNN Money, The Wall Street Journal and more. Some supersellers on Fiverr are earning a full- time income on Fiverr and bought a house using their income from Fiverr. You can find more success stories on the Fiverr blog. This provides great inspiration for newbie sellers on Fiverr. New sellers on Fiverr need to have patience as sales will be slow in the beginning. Most buyers are keener of buying from sellers who have high number of sales or reviews.
I am personally a Buyer, Seller and Affiliate of Fiverr. This is my work profile on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/workplace. The gigs I offer on Fiverr are WordPress website creation, administrative tasks, transcriptions, budget creation and more. Please visit my profile page on Fiverr if you would like to hire me to do your tasks. Signing up to Fiverr is free and only registered users may buy and sell on Fiverr.
Create your profile on Fiverr
Add your language ability, education, certification, skills and portfolios on your profile to show potential customers your ability in working on the tasks. Your reviews will also be shown on your profile of Fiverr.
Being a Seller on Fiverr
How to create your own gig
1) Select a category you would like to work on.
2) Write an attractive title for your gig.
3) You can create three comparative packages for buyers to choose from.
4) Offer a suitable price for your gig.
5) Describe details of your offering clearly.
6) Write FAQs to answer the doubts that potential customers might have about your gig.
7) Upload an attractive graphic or video that describes your gig.
8) Promote your gig. There is a buyer request list where you can submit offer to interested buyers.
9) You can hire someone on Fiverr to write a gig or promote your gig at price of just $5.
10) You can only have a maximum of 7 gigs on Fiverr at any one time.
11) You can select to be on vacation mode if you are not free to accept new task for the time being.
Communicate with buyers
1) Communicate well with buyers through the messaging system. Your personal profile on Fiverr will state your average response time to show how well you communicate with your customers. My average response time is 2 hours.
2) Complete the task accurately and timely so that you can get five stars reviews from your customers. Your ratings over your lifetime on Fiverr highly determine the number of sales you will gain in future.
Performance of your gig
Go to Selling> My gig to track the performance of your gigs. Impressions, clicks, views, orders and % cancellation are all tallied and shown there. After analyzing the performance of your gigs, you may consider if you need to edit or improve the promotion of your gig.
Buyers pay Fiverr for orders in advance. Sellers keep 80% of each Gig they sell and successfully deliver. For example, each $5 Gig you sell and successfully deliver, accredits your account with a net revenue of $4. Fiverr accredits sellers once an order is completed.
When sellers have a balance in their seller account, they can withdraw your funds to either PayPal account, credit to Fiverr Revenue Card, or transfer money to bank account (“Direct Deposit” in the U.S.). They can withdraw money 14 days after the order is marked as completed. The waiting period for Top Rated Sellers is seven days. Sellers can use the funds they have earned to purchase gigs from other sellers too.
You can learn the ropes of managing a freelance business on Fiverr by reading useful articles on blog or forum. Fiverr offer an app to allow you to have complete control of your business, regardless of location.
Being a Buyer on Fiverr
If you would like to delegate some tasks that are time- consuming and you are not good at, Fiverr is a great platform to get work done cost effectively and nicely. You can browse various categories, add gigs to favorite, read past reviews and find out the number of orders in queue. All these information help you to decide whether you should purchase a gig from a particular seller. You will experience paradox of choice as there are many sellers on Fiverr offering the same service.
Before you order, it is better to send a private message to the seller to discuss the details of your task. Some sellers may not be able to accept your order due to tight schedule or lack of technical skills. After mutual agreement is made, you can place an order and maintain regular communication with the seller to ensure that the task can be done accordingly.
Other than acting as a buyer and seller on Fiverr, you can join them as an Affiliate. You can sign up for their affiliate program through their in- house program sign up page, Linkshare or Affiliate Window affiliate network. You can earn $14 CPA Flat rate commission, even for purchases of $5!
Join Fiverr today to increase your income by working part- time or full- time!