A website is not only for businesses. Anyone can create a website, share useful contents and earn money using a website. Domain name, web hosting, web design software such as WordPress are required to create a website. Domain name is the name of your own website. It comes free in some web hosting plan.
Bluehost provides affordable shared hosting plan for you to host a website. $3.95 per month is a small investment to earn more money. You need a web hosting account to rent a space to store your website files on the Internet.
If you want to create your own website, WordPress web software is user- friendly and easy to use. Almost all webhosts offer WordPress installation in just a few clicks. After you install a WordPress theme and several useful plugins, you can start to post onto your website. Once set up, writing a blog post is as easy as writing an e-mail message.
If you want to hire a website designer, you can go to website like 99Designs.com
Do you have a flair for writing?
You can write a story, share a recipe, useful instructions, product reviews or other informational materials. It can be about fashion, travel, investment and more. Even if you don’t write well, you can hire freelance from website such as Fiverr to write at the price of just $5 per article. A picture and a 500- words article can make up a great blog post.
How to earn money using your website?
– Google Adsense
– Sell your website for a profit. If your website has a good level of website traffic, you can sell it for a profit at platform like Flippa.
– Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other company’s products or services. Through affiliate network like Affiliate Window, you can join the affiliate programs of thousands of popular online retailers Swarovski , Ferarri Store, Desigual and more.
It is better to own a website before applying for the affiliate programs. This avoids your affiliate application being rejected. After you are being accepted into the affiliate program, you will post your unique affiliate links or banners onto your website. The sales you refer to the online retailers are tracked using such links.
If you can refer a sale to the online retailers, you can earn certain amount of commission. Earnings per sale may be as high as $200, depending on the type of products you are promoting. You will be paid by check, Paypal or direct debit. Affiliate marketing is a great way of earning money online as you don’t have to maintain your own stocks or make any delivery to customers.
Earn a side income. Even if you are a student or retiree, you can earn money online through the flexibility of affiliate marketing. It is a great source of side income or full- time income.
In fact there is no limit to how much money you can earn through affiliate program. If you have high level of website traffic, you can earn a lot through affiliate programs. The more useful content you have on your website, the higher number of sales you can gain. Create a website today by signing up for affordable web hosting plan at Bluehost.
Fiverr® is the world’s largest marketplace for services. A service offered on Fiverr is called a Gig®. While $5 is a popular starting price for offers on Fiverr, tiered offers called Gig Packages are now available in a variety of categories and growing. Gig Packages allow sellers to offer additional services at a wider range of price points.
Fiverr was featured on Forbes, CNN Money, The Wall Street Journal and more. Some supersellers on Fiverr are earning a full- time income on Fiverr and bought a house using their income from Fiverr. You can find more success stories on the Fiverr blog. This provides great inspiration for newbie sellers on Fiverr. New sellers on Fiverr need to have patience as sales will be slow in the beginning. Most buyers are keener of buying from sellers who have high number of sales or reviews.
I am personally a Buyer, Seller and Affiliate of Fiverr. This is my work profile on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/workplace. The gigs I offer on Fiverr are WordPress website creation, administrative tasks, transcriptions, budget creation and more. Please visit my profile page on Fiverr if you would like to hire me to do your tasks. Signing up to Fiverr is free and only registered users may buy and sell on Fiverr.
Hi, I have over four years of Accounts and Admin Officer work experience. I can manage data entry, spreadsheets, bookkeeping, website management and wordpress blogs. I will ensure all tasks are completed with high quality and on time.
Create your profile on Fiverr
Add your language ability, education, certification, skills and portfolios on your profile to show potential customers your ability in working on the tasks. Your reviews will also be shown on your profile of Fiverr.
Being a Seller on Fiverr
How to create your own gig
1) Select a category you would like to work on.
2) Write an attractive title for your gig.
3) You can create three comparative packages for buyers to choose from.
4) Offer a suitable price for your gig.
5) Describe details of your offering clearly.
6) Write FAQs to answer the doubts that potential customers might have about your gig.
7) Upload an attractive graphic or video that describes your gig.
8) Promote your gig. There is a buyer request list where you can submit offer to interested buyers.
9) You can hire someone on Fiverr to write a gig or promote your gig at price of just $5.
10) You can only have a maximum of 7 gigs on Fiverr at any one time.
11) You can select to be on vacation mode if you are not free to accept new task for the time being.
Communicate with buyers
1) Communicate well with buyers through the messaging system. Your personal profile on Fiverr will state your average response time to show how well you communicate with your customers. My average response time is 2 hours.
2) Complete the task accurately and timely so that you can get five stars reviews from your customers. Your ratings over your lifetime on Fiverr highly determine the number of sales you will gain in future.
Performance of your gig
Go to Selling> My gig to track the performance of your gigs. Impressions, clicks, views, orders and % cancellation are all tallied and shown there. After analyzing the performance of your gigs, you may consider if you need to edit or improve the promotion of your gig.
Buyers pay Fiverr for orders in advance. Sellers keep 80% of each Gig they sell and successfully deliver. For example, each $5 Gig you sell and successfully deliver, accredits your account with a net revenue of $4. Fiverr accredits sellers once an order is completed.
When sellers have a balance in their seller account, they can withdraw your funds to either PayPal account, credit to Fiverr Revenue Card, or transfer money to bank account (“Direct Deposit” in the U.S.). They can withdraw money 14 days after the order is marked as completed. The waiting period for Top Rated Sellers is seven days. Sellers can use the funds they have earned to purchase gigs from other sellers too.
You can learn the ropes of managing a freelance business on Fiverr by reading useful articles on blog or forum. Fiverr offer an app to allow you to have complete control of your business, regardless of location.
Being a Buyer on Fiverr
If you would like to delegate some tasks that are time- consuming and you are not good at, Fiverr is a great platform to get work done cost effectively and nicely. You can browse various categories, add gigs to favorite, read past reviews and find out the number of orders in queue. All these information help you to decide whether you should purchase a gig from a particular seller. You will experience paradox of choice as there are many sellers on Fiverr offering the same service.
Before you order, it is better to send a private message to the seller to discuss the details of your task. Some sellers may not be able to accept your order due to tight schedule or lack of technical skills. After mutual agreement is made, you can place an order and maintain regular communication with the seller to ensure that the task can be done accordingly.
Other than acting as a buyer and seller on Fiverr, you can join them as an Affiliate. You can sign up for their affiliate program through their in- house program sign up page, Linkshare or Affiliate Window affiliate network. You can earn $14 CPA Flat rate commission, even for purchases of $5!
Join Fiverr today to increase your income by working part- time or full- time!
Why I choose Dreamhost?
It comes with 97 days money back guarantee and there is no reason not to give their service a try. Their shared hosting plan comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth, unlimited domain hosting and unlimited e-mail account. You can host unlimited number of websites on one account. They are proudly hosting over 1,500,000 websites since 1997. To find out more about the features of their shared hosting plan and get $50 off their one year web hosting plan, please go to this discount coupon link https://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?2157867/promo/dreamsavings50
Why would you want to create a website?
If you are a business owner, a website provides a great platform for you to communicate with customers online, expands your market reach and promotes your business. A lot of shoppers like to research online before they shop or patronize offline. If you are running a restaurant, your website provides details of your operating hours and menu of food you serve in your restaurant.
Website is not only for business. A lot of people create websites for leisure and some even turn their website into a money- making machine. You can create a website to share a recipe, your fashion sense, your favorite restaurant, make- up techniques and more. What seems obvious to you might be difficult to other people. A website provides a great platform for you to share your knowledge.
A well- managed and monetized blog can earn you money 24 hours a day. This is a guide that teaches you how to create a website, manage a website and earn money using your website.
First, decide on the type of website you want to create so that you can determine your domain name. Your domain name should be easy to remember, tell about your website, keyword- rich and still available for register. What is your passion? What do you like? What are the things you can write about? These are the questions you should ask yourself when you are deciding the topic for your blog. You would want to create a website or blog that has lots of content in future.
How to create a website?
You do not have to know any coding or programming language in order to create a fully- function website. Just follow the simple steps below:
1. Register a domain name and sign up for web hosting plan. You need a name and home for your website on the Internet. Domain name provide a unique identity or name for your website so that Internet users can locate you on the Internet. An example of Internet Domain Name is Amazon.com. Domain name protection or Whois Guard sometimes comes free with domain name registration.
The Whois database is accessible to anyone on the internet. When you register a domain, you risk exposing your name, address, email and phone number to spammers, marketing firms and online fraudsters. WhoisGuard was designed for domain owners. With this service in place, your confidential information is no longer available for public consumption.
Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server owned or leased for use by clients, as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Shared hosting is where one’s website is placed on the same server as many other sites, ranging from a few sites to hundreds of websites. Typically, all domains may share a common pool of server resources, such as RAM and the CPU. The features available with this type of service can be quite basic and not flexible in terms of software and updates. However, they are cheap and sufficient for a new website or blog. You can always upgrade to VPS Hosting or Dedicated Server if you need more resources for your website in future.
Most one year web hosting plan provides free domain name registration for one year. I personally prefer to register for a .com domain name. However, there are many other extensions available and some of them may be cheaper. As mentioned above, Dreamhost is a smart choice for web hosting and domain name registration.
2. In this guide, you will learn how to create a self- hosted WordPress.org website. WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app. WordPress is supporting more than 60 million websites on the Internet, including the one you are reading now. Dreamhost provides wordpress installation in just a click onto your website. You will receive email on your WordPress username, password set- up and link to your WordPress log-in page.
3. Log- into your WordPress account and start to build up the blog. You begin by navigating the various tabs on your WordPress dashboard. Its interface is very user- friendly. To begin, you will use the appearance tab to install wordpress theme and wordpress plugins. You will then add pages and posts to your website.
4. Install WordPress theme. There are many free wordpress theme for you to choose from. You should choose a theme that suits the niche of your blog. There are one, two or three columns themes available. The theme should be responsive so that your blog can be viewed properly on small mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets. There are many free WordPress themes available for download but you can always purchase a premium WordPress theme such as those on Elegant themes if you need your blog to have better functions.
5. Install Plugins. Several plugins are pre- installed on the WordPress blog but you can install more to improve the functions of your blog. Plugins that I suggest are Google XML Sitemap, Google Analytics Dashboard for WP, Wordfence Security and Yoast SEO.
6. Add pages to create the menu of your blog. They may be Home, Contact Page, FAQ, Blog, Gallery pages. This enables website visitors to navigate around your blog easily and stay longer on your blog to read.
Installation of wordpress theme, plugins and adding pages build up the pillars of your blog.
Manage Your Website/ Blog
7. Start writing your own content to gain traffic to your blog. Add a new post. Think of an attention- grabbing title for your post title so that you can attract more readers. Add a picture/media for your post as a “Picture worth a thousand words”. You can save draft and preview your post before getting it live on the Internet. File your post under a suitable category and add keyword- rich tags for your post to keep your blog posts organized.
If you do not write well, you can always buy content from freelance writers. The costs of the articles depend on the credentials of the writers and length of the articles. I have purchased articles through Textbrokers and Fiverr. At Fiverr, you can buy an article at price of $5. You can update your blog daily or weekly depending on whether you have the time and inspiration to come up with the content.
8. Add your website URL to Google, Yahoo, Bing or other online directories. This improves the chances of website visitors landing on your blog through search engines. Create the social media profiles on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Polyvore for your blog.
Earn Money Using Your Website/ Blog
9. Affiliate marketing lets you earn money without having your own products. There are thousands of online retailers affiliate program you can join to promote their products. If your website visitors buy a product through your unique affiliate link, you earn a commission. Web hosting companies such as Lunarpages pay as high as $300 per sale.
I hope you manage to create a WordPress website by following the steps above. However, if you don’t want to waste any time learning how to create a website, you can hire me to do it for you at Fiverr. It takes time and dedication to create a great blog but it is definitely worth the effort. Jumpstart your website today!