Currently, my website is hosted with Dreamhost.
Why I choose Dreamhost?
It comes with 97 days money back guarantee and there is no reason not to give their service a try. Their shared hosting plan comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth, unlimited domain hosting and unlimited e-mail account. You can host unlimited number of websites on one account. They are proudly hosting over 1,500,000 websites since 1997. To find out more about the features of their shared hosting plan and get $50 off their one year web hosting plan, please go to this discount coupon link https://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?2157867/promo/dreamsavings50
Why would you want to create a website?
If you are a business owner, a website provides a great platform for you to communicate with customers online, expands your market reach and promotes your business. A lot of shoppers like to research online before they shop or patronize offline. If you are running a restaurant, your website provides details of your operating hours and menu of food you serve in your restaurant.
Website is not only for business. A lot of people create websites for leisure and some even turn their website into a money- making machine. You can create a website to share a recipe, your fashion sense, your favorite restaurant, make- up techniques and more. What seems obvious to you might be difficult to other people. A website provides a great platform for you to share your knowledge.
A well- managed and monetized blog can earn you money 24 hours a day. This is a guide that teaches you how to create a website, manage a website and earn money using your website.
First, decide on the type of website you want to create so that you can determine your domain name. Your domain name should be easy to remember, tell about your website, keyword- rich and still available for register. What is your passion? What do you like? What are the things you can write about? These are the questions you should ask yourself when you are deciding the topic for your blog. You would want to create a website or blog that has lots of content in future.
How to create a website?
You do not have to know any coding or programming language in order to create a fully- function website. Just follow the simple steps below:
1. Register a domain name and sign up for web hosting plan. You need a name and home for your website on the Internet. Domain name provide a unique identity or name for your website so that Internet users can locate you on the Internet. An example of Internet Domain Name is Amazon.com. Domain name protection or Whois Guard sometimes comes free with domain name registration.
The Whois database is accessible to anyone on the internet. When you register a domain, you risk exposing your name, address, email and phone number to spammers, marketing firms and online fraudsters. WhoisGuard was designed for domain owners. With this service in place, your confidential information is no longer available for public consumption.
Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server owned or leased for use by clients, as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Shared hosting is where one’s website is placed on the same server as many other sites, ranging from a few sites to hundreds of websites. Typically, all domains may share a common pool of server resources, such as RAM and the CPU. The features available with this type of service can be quite basic and not flexible in terms of software and updates. However, they are cheap and sufficient for a new website or blog. You can always upgrade to VPS Hosting or Dedicated Server if you need more resources for your website in future.
Most one year web hosting plan provides free domain name registration for one year. I personally prefer to register for a .com domain name. However, there are many other extensions available and some of them may be cheaper. As mentioned above, Dreamhost is a smart choice for web hosting and domain name registration.
2. In this guide, you will learn how to create a self- hosted WordPress.org website. WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app. WordPress is supporting more than 60 million websites on the Internet, including the one you are reading now. Dreamhost provides wordpress installation in just a click onto your website. You will receive email on your WordPress username, password set- up and link to your WordPress log-in page.
3. Log- into your WordPress account and start to build up the blog. You begin by navigating the various tabs on your WordPress dashboard. Its interface is very user- friendly. To begin, you will use the appearance tab to install wordpress theme and wordpress plugins. You will then add pages and posts to your website.
4. Install WordPress theme. There are many free wordpress theme for you to choose from. You should choose a theme that suits the niche of your blog. There are one, two or three columns themes available. The theme should be responsive so that your blog can be viewed properly on small mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets. There are many free WordPress themes available for download but you can always purchase a premium WordPress theme such as those on Elegant themes if you need your blog to have better functions.
5. Install Plugins. Several plugins are pre- installed on the WordPress blog but you can install more to improve the functions of your blog. Plugins that I suggest are Google XML Sitemap, Google Analytics Dashboard for WP, Wordfence Security and Yoast SEO.
6. Add pages to create the menu of your blog. They may be Home, Contact Page, FAQ, Blog, Gallery pages. This enables website visitors to navigate around your blog easily and stay longer on your blog to read.
Installation of wordpress theme, plugins and adding pages build up the pillars of your blog.
Manage Your Website/ Blog
7. Start writing your own content to gain traffic to your blog. Add a new post. Think of an attention- grabbing title for your post title so that you can attract more readers. Add a picture/media for your post as a “Picture worth a thousand words”. You can save draft and preview your post before getting it live on the Internet. File your post under a suitable category and add keyword- rich tags for your post to keep your blog posts organized.
If you do not write well, you can always buy content from freelance writers. The costs of the articles depend on the credentials of the writers and length of the articles. I have purchased articles through Textbrokers and Fiverr . At Fiverr, you can buy an article at price of $5. You can update your blog daily or weekly depending on whether you have the time and inspiration to come up with the content.
8. Add your website URL to Google, Yahoo, Bing or other online directories. This improves the chances of website visitors landing on your blog through search engines. Create the social media profiles on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Polyvore for your blog.
Earn Money Using Your Website/ Blog
9. Affiliate marketing lets you earn money without having your own products. There are thousands of online retailers affiliate program you can join to promote their products. If your website visitors buy a product through your unique affiliate link, you earn a commission. Web hosting companies such as Lunarpages pay as high as $300 per sale.
I hope you manage to create a WordPress website by following the steps above. However, if you don’t want to waste any time learning how to create a website, you can hire me to do it for you at Fiverr. It takes time and dedication to create a great blog but it is definitely worth the effort. Jumpstart your website today!